I have warned in at least three previous blogs about the crime wave that Mayor Lisa Helps is bringing to Victoria through her quasi-legalization of federally illegal pot storefronts. On October 27, there was another armed robbery of a pot shop in Victoria. This was the third in the last three months. Are you listening yet Mayor? Legalized pot shop bring crime.
Here is the posting from the Victoria Police Department web site about another armed robbery, the third this year
Victoria BC – VicPD detectives are investigating the report of a robbery that occurred in the 1700-block of Cook Street on Tuesday evening.
VicPD officers were called for a robbery at the Ocean Grown Medicinal Dispensary at approximately 8:35 p.m. The suspects fled in a vehicle. VicPD officers gave chase, but were unable to locate the suspects.
It was determined after initial contact with the people in the store that the two male suspects brandished firearms. During the robbery, the victims had their hands bound in the store by the suspects.
The investigation is in the early stages. VicPD investigators are continuing to gather information. VicPD is looking to see if there is a connection between the previous dispensary robberies this year, although it is too early to say if there is any connection.
Lisa Helps is ignoring the first duty of government. That rule requires government to protect citizens. Instead she is endangering citizens through her policy of turning a blind eye to weed shops. Accordingly, incidents like armed robberies and other violence is becoming common in Victoria. I’m telling you, just as I have told you before, it is going to get worse.
Drug addicts and gangs want two things, money and drugs. Lisa Helps has made both available to them in a one stop shop. It’s insanity, not responsible leadership and that is why this armed robbery was not unexpected
Do you want Victoria to be known as a tourist destination or a drug destination?
We are headed down the road of being a drug destination. Our beautiful harbour is being turned into a refuge for addicts, dealers and other violent criminals.
- How long before somebody is killed in an armed robbery?
- Secondly, how long before tourists start getting robbed downtown?
- Thirdly, how long before we see motorcycle gangs cruising the downtown, driving our tourists away?
- When will parents no longer want to bring their kids so they don’t see all the dope shops?
- How long before our legitimate stores start closing down because of their proximity to a pot shop and all the problems they bring?
With the drug policies of Lisa Helps, it is all coming. She is destroying Victoria.
Mayor Helps says she is going to regulate these pot stores with security rules.
She cannot regulate drugs because criminals can’t be regulated. That’s why we have jails and prisons.
If criminals would follow rules, regulations, or laws, they wouldn’t be criminals.
Victoria needs to remain a preferred tourist destination. But it needs to be based on its culture and on its diversity. It should be known for its restaurants and its harbour. It should be famous for its pot scene.
Last week I posted a cartoon about the escape of Tyler Fong. Mayor Helps responded with the following tweet
To which I responded with, I would like to remind Mayor Helps of a few things
- Truth can never be disrespectful. But every half truth or outright lie is rooted in disrespect as they are self-protective attempts to manipulate a person’s thinking and/or actions
- What was disrespectful was these guards not doing their job properly, and thereby, allowing Tyler Fong to escape
- The ultimate disrespect was to the public who was endangered. It was also to our police who were tasked with having to re-capture Fong because of the failure of the guards
My cartoon was not disrespectful
Mayor Helps’ comment was not about my joke. Instead, it was about my disagreement with the mayor regarding her legalization of pot stores in Victoria. Because that was not the fight that she wanted with me, she decided to play the “politically correct” card. She hoped doing so would lessen my credibility. She was attempting to blunt my criticism of her drug policies which invite motorcycle gangs to Victoria and threaten to turn Victoria into a dope destination instead of a tourist destination.